Kiwi Audio Visual is a highly specialized design and installation firm that works with its clients on a personal level. They provide long-term quality service upon completion of installation. With more than 150 years of combined staff experience and through a full array of superior services, they are one of the premier audio/visual entertainment and home automation providers in Southern California.
Consumers rely on their mobile phones for staying connected to personal schedules and emails, as well as business calendars, emails and news. Recent industry stats show there are more than 100 million smartphones in the US and more than one-in-four US homes are now completely wireless. With this growing reliance on mobile phones and devices, consumers expect a reliable cell phone at work and home. Several of Kiwi Audio Visual’s clients are like many Americans who struggle with poor indoor cell phone signal.
According to the zBoost State of the Signal Survey, commissioned by Wi-Ex, a leading provider of consumer and commercial cell phone signal boosters, and conducted online by Harris Interactive, 65 percent of online cell phone/smartphone owners experience problems with their cell phone or smartphone service including dropped calls or data, poor reception or dead zones in their home or poor signal reception or dead zones at work. While Kiwi Audio Visual still sees landlines in most homes they suspects that their clients use their mobile phone 90 percent of the time at home.
Kiwi Audio Visual had two clients in large homes who had very bad cell locations with little cell coverage indoors. A San Diego residence covered 10,000 square feet and an Orange County covered 14,000 square feet. Both of the clients utilize their cell phone as their primary communications.
The residents used Sprint and Verizon and the zBoost Dual Band Commercial kits increased signal for all major carriers in the homes for multiple users. The signal bars increased from zero to one up to two to four inside the residences. The home owners can now utilize their mobile phones, smartphones and tablets in the home without worrying about dropping calls or slow data.
Kiwi Audio Visual notes the ease of install, great coverage, and repeatability of installation regardless of the size of the residence as key benefits to its customers.
zBoost Products Used
The installs included the zBoost Commercial Solutions Division Kits. The kits include all of the components for a complete system solution whether for commercial environments or large residential applications and utilize the proven zBoost technology from Wi-Ex to improve cell phone voice and data signals.
- Boosts indoor signal for cellphones, smartphones, wireless data cards and wireless alarm panels.
- Reduces dropped calls and improves cell phone signal indoors, increasing performance of voice and data. Some of the benefits for the cell phone users include extending battery life, replacing landline phones, reducing or eliminating dropped calls and increasing wireless performance.
- Improves indoor cell phone voice and data signals for all major carriers (except Nextel)
- Utilizes distributed amplifier architecture for increased reliability and flexibility
- All system components included for easy installation
- System kits available for coverage areas up to 20,000 and 40,000 square feet
- Uses patent-pending technologies that protect the carrier network